Trail Mix Granola Bars
(No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Author: Jennifer Levitan
Trail Mix No-Bake granola bars are EASY and FAST to make! Made with simple ingredients to create a sweet, crunchy texture. I offer substitutions to this recipe to make it gluten free or vegan as needed. Ideal for breakfast or as a snack when you’re on the trail! Note: They can be crumbly... but I prefer it this way when I break it up in my fruit bowl for breaky. ENJOY!
Prep Time: 15 min
Ready to Eat: 30 min
2 cups oatmeal (optional – gluten free oatmeal)
¼ cup organic sunflower seeds
¼ cup organic pumpkin seeds
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup assorted dried fruit (apricot, cranberries, blueberries etc.)
½ cup unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
½ cup local *honey or maple syrup (vegan)
1. Combine all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir well with wooden spoon.
3. Add wet ingredients (honey and peanut butter)
4. Stir well until well combined (it will be very gooey!)
3. Press firmly into 8x8 square glass pan (use spoon or your hands to press down!)
4. Let cool in fridge for 30 min or freezer for 15 min, then cut into bars.
* note about the honey: I use local honey that is creamy and has more body, so if you use maple syrup, reduce your amount to 1/3 cup.
Mix dry ingredients together FIRST in a large Bowl
Then add the wet ingredients.
Press down FIRMLY with a wooden spoon or your fingers!
~ Jennifer Levitan
Jennifer Levitan, C.H.N.C. is a Northern Ontario based Holistic Nutritional Consultant specializing in a simplified approach to healthy eating. With a focus on delicious, whole, local and sustainable foods, Jennifer empowers her clients to make practical nutrition choices for optimal health and a life of JoyFull Eating!